Who doesn’t love a good DIY project? Are you itching for your next one? Maybe you just learned that you need to have your home’s chimney system inspected each year and want to tackle it yourself.
Well… let’s pump the brakes on that one for now, so we can help you understand the ins and outs of chimney inspections – and why this job is best left to the professionals at Ozark Stove and Chimney.
What Is a Chimney Inspection?
Ozark Stove and Chimney has been helping the residents of Southwest Missouri and Northwest Arkansas with all their chimney needs, and we’re here to help you too. The basic purpose of a chimney inspection is to check for the safety and efficiency of the chimney and to prevent potential hazards that would make it unsafe to use.
Here at Ozark Stove & Chimney, we go off of the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) standards. Here’s what our owner, Derek Bell, has to say about it:
“…they recommend you have a yearly inspection. If a sweep is needed, then we can perform that, but the biggest thing is making sure that system’s safe.”
We Offer Three Levels of Inspections
There are three different levels of inspections, with each level serving a different purpose:
- Level 1: This level is appropriate for chimneys that are not having any changes made to them, whether it be fuel type or usage changes. For these, a technician will visually inspect parts of your system that are easily accessible inside and out.
- Level 2: During a level 2 inspection, special internal camera equipment is used to thoroughly inspect all the parts inside your chimney system. You need this level if you are making any changes to your system, or if you are moving to a home with an existing chimney. Your typical real estate inspection isn’t going to be as thorough, trust us. You’ll also need a level 2 inspection any time your system has sustained damage from a chimney fire, severe weather, etc.
- Level 3: This is the level you don’t want to get to. Level 3 inspections are needed whenever there are concerns for major damage or hazards somewhere in the system that requires opening walls or interior parts of the home structure.
No matter which level you need, Ozark Stove and Chimney has you covered. If you’re not sure which level you should schedule, our friendly staff can help with that too.
Why Are Chimney Inspections Important?
Now that you know the basics of chimney inspections, let’s dive into why they are so important.
Your home’s chimney system solely exists to keep your family and home safe while you enjoy those cozy fires or your home heating unit. When you use your fireplace, stove, or furnace, byproducts like soot, creosote, smoke, and carbon monoxide (to name a few) are created. Your chimney provides the way to funnel this stuff outside of your home.
As you use your system, these byproducts of burning build up inside your chimney. As they build up, so increases your risk for a chimney fire or carbon monoxide poisoning.
Your chimney can also be susceptible to things like sticks and leaves or animals getting in and building nests. If this happens, your chimney’s airflow can get blocked, which, again, creates a dangerous situation when you use it. If airflow is blocked, all that yucky stuff will end up back inside your home, instead of out of it.
Lucky for you and the rest of our customers, Ozark Stove and Chimney has expertly trained technicians who will inspect your chimney and make a plan to address any issues they see.
Yearly inspections are your best line of defense to make sure your chimney is safe to use. You don’t want to be like one of our customers who kept putting off his inspection and ended up with a nest of baby raccoons living in his chimney. Luckily, we were able to get them out and to a safer place – and our customer could go back to enjoying his fireplace.
Why Choose Ozark Stove and Chimney?
Trust Ozark Stove and Chimney as your preferred provider for all your chimney care needs.
- Because we continually strive for excellence in providing efficient, reliable, and effective services that ensure customer satisfaction.
- Our workmanship speaks volumes on every job we undertake, with each service coming with a lifetime warranty. We love what we do at Ozark Stove and Chimney, and we guarantee our services every step of the way.
- Our technicians are experts in their field. They make sure no stone is left unturned during each inspection.
- We use advanced equipment which ensures no residue or dust left behind while making it easier to maintain cleanliness in your home.
- With an unwavering commitment to deliver top quality services every time you can count on us to install or maintain any type of wood stove or chimney related issues.
Long story short, trusting us gives you peace of mind knowing that you have chosen a reliable company that stands behind their work.
For Prompt, Professional Care, Count On Us
For prompt service by professionals who take their job seriously. Call our friendly staff today at 417-201-6585 or book online. And don’t hesitate to contact us regarding any questions or concerns regarding your chimney system. We promise quick resolutions that exceed expectations.